all photography by Michael Durand except where noted / copyright 2012 / durand productions / all rights reserved / use by permission only
Throughout my 30+year career I have enjoyed great success in leadership roles in meeting planning, project management and event production. In addition to being very detail oriented I am also a creative thinker and an artist with a long list of video, television and music production credits. While I am very comfortable taking on leadership responsibilities, I also enjoy working in a variety of supporting roles, fully understanding the importance and value of contributing as a conscientious team player.
2007 - 2011 Kaiser Permanente
Senior Meeting Planner, Event Marketing
- Planned and operated dozens of high-level employee and customer events for a variety of internal clients.
- Produced grand opening events for VIPs. employees and community members involving thousands of participants at
brand new medical centers and medical office buildings.
- Managed the department's first internship program.
- Responsible for producing and directing the audio/visual productions at most of my events.
1995 - 2007 Durand Productions
Owner, President and Executive Producer
- Succeeded in renewing ten consecutive one-year contracts with
Catholic Healthcare West to manage their largest events.
- Collaborated for 18 years with Creative Planning of Los Altos, California,
by assisting with the on-site logistics and production for sales meetings and incentive travel programs
around the world.
- Managed a year-long series of events culminating in a 6,000-person block party for St. Anthony Foundation
in downtown San Francisco.
- Developed skills as a writer, photographer, video editor and musician.
Creativity and talents have been showcased in a variety of
audio/visual productions, publications and music performances for over 30 years.
- Created over 60 half-hour television shows for a series entitled “All the World’s a Stage,”
Pasadena’s Television of Arts and Culture. Highlights include covering a wide variety of community events, an
interview with Pasadena Mayor Bill Bogaard and a six-part documentary on artist Jirayr Zorthian.
- Produced a two-hour, 22-minute DVD called “Jirayr H. Zorthian – His Life in His Words”
- Created “Destination Pasadena,” a full-service Destination Management Company
welcoming visiting groups to Pasadena by assisting with transportation, tours,
lodging, meeting services and creative special event production.
- Developed "Pasadena Walking Tours" featuring the history and architecture of Old Pasadena and the Civic Center.
- Created “Craftsman Video” of Pasadena, a division of Durand Productions specializing in high quality yet affordable
- Produced a series of traffic safety videos and public service announcements for the Department of Health Services of the
County of Los Angeles teaching parents how to keep small children safe in traffic situations.
- Produced and Directed the "Pasadena Follies", a fund-raising musical revue for the Pasadena Senior Center.
1990 – 1995 Rosenbluth International Travel
Senior Meeting Planner and Supervisor of the Meeting and Incentive Division, San Francisco
- Managed the highest-profile accounts including a 2,700-person convention for Chevron.
- Supervised a department of nine full-time event planners.
- Organized four meetings for Financial Network Investment Corporation.
Events grew in size each year from 850 to 1,100 to 1,300 to 1,700 attendees.
1988 – 1990 The Concept Group
- Responsible for handling the logistics and production of large corporate meetings, conventions,
incentives and special events. Largest: Hitachi. 750 participants from 21 countries.
1978 – 1988 Shaklee Corporation. Convention Planning Department.
Registration Coordinator and on-site Travel Director for hundreds of conventions for groups from 200 to 3,000 people.
Highly proficient using Microsoft Office Professional programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Front Page and Access. WebEx and Meeting Matrix. Video editing on Final Cut Pro and music production on Pro Tools.
1974 - 1977 State University of New York at Stony Brook. English and Journalism.
Feature/Arts Director for Statesman (student newspaper).
Polity Senator (student government).
1973 - 1974 Nassau County Community College. Dean’s list.
Photographer for Vignette (student newspaper) and Illusions (yearbook).
Communications Representative to the Student Council.
Copyright © 2012 durand productions
All Rights Reserved
Number of visitors: